Friday, December 4, 2009

#7 Dolly Dune



I found this piece of driftwood wedged into a Squibnocket sand dune. It looked like a female torso and with added arms positioned in such a way it fit the bill. I was feeling low and uninspired when I put this piece together. Her anguished face surprised me when I was studying the piece of wood. I think in hindsight what she represents is the extreme aloneness that we all can feel. The loosening of the coiled connection between the soul and groin and the dissipated passion coming from the head speaks to the loss of intimacy and imbalance of your center. However as we all know the human spirit needs hope and inspiration from our power source and that is what the yellow wires represent. The waves of sadness flutter by in the form of gray feathers.

Heavy....

By the way I feel much better now.

Onward

No comments:

Post a Comment