Sunday, January 24, 2010

# 21 Rolled Pleasure




Walking the beach here on Marco Island never fails to amaze me. As you crunch along over billions of rolled shells it is astounding to see the vast variety under foot. I'm forever struck by the subtle color schemes, textures and shapes that exist. Mother Nature's bold as well as soft tones from her harmonious color pallet lays comfortably over a huge variety of sensual shapes as varied as the snow flakes failing from the sky. Like everything else in nature these gifts from the sea inspire some sort of artistic expression. We can never duplicate the complexity, diversity, balance and harmony that exists all around us. The best we can do is try and interpret the intuitive responses that our senses are picking up. With that said..I've tried to create the long lost pair from a tiny beautifully colored shell I recently found. I've use three different soft colored gels to compliment the color scheme on the shell. These three layers of color are my attempt to create the subtle power of it's beautiful mate.

No comments:

Post a Comment