Thursday, April 1, 2010

# 31 Gnarled



Last weekend on a beach walk we found this spectacular piece of driftwood. I'd been thinking about the value of having a piece of wood really direct you and this piece was speaking in a powerful whisper. "Don't do much.." it said.. After considerable thought I decided on mock spider webs intergraded with these beautiful glass beads that I purchased specifically to go with the driftwood. Is this cheating? I'm not sure, but to me the best thing about my added idea is that I don't think it overwhelms the piece. The other thing that I love is that in a good light you can't see the fishing line and the glass beads just float within the negative spaces.

1 comment:

  1. I just love these last four pieces. This work just keeps visually evolving and evolving. I'm so glad you're part of this project, Marnie. Sandie

    ReplyDelete