Thursday, May 3, 2012

Time Project 2011-2012


                                                                                          

After completing the first year of making one piece of sculpture a week for 52 weeks all 10 of us from the Time Project decided to continue on. This time we committed to making one piece a month and then as usual meet monthly at each others houses to critic each others work. We also decided to take on two new members. I chose for the first half of 2011 to complete a film on climate change, using my work to illustrate the story as told by two prominent scientists, Bill McKibben and George Woodwell. After finishing the video I decided to go back to making sculpture I continued on with my environmental sculptures that related this time to endangered species. I also decided to work big using driftwood, wire and any other materials that would help to make my point. I also continued to include a written explanation about my motivation for the piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment